We take data protection seriously & strive to comply with UK data protection legislation
SecureDigitali.com logo are trademarks and tradenames of SecureDigitali.com Limited: and may not be reproduced or copied without consent
WHO ARE WE?
We are SecureDigitali.com, incorporated as SecureDigitali.com Limited
Our registered address is 31 Lancing Close, Woolton, Liverpool, L25 9PZ
You can contact us for all personal data & privacy matters by email at:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 151 486 0658
SecureDigitali.com is a micro-enterprise: we apply world class project & data management, to ensure organisations achieve their digital aspirations
We have one office in Liverpool
The Data Controller at SecureDigitali.com Limited is:
- Michael McGlynn
- Telephone: +44(0) 151 486 0658
SecureDigitali.com takes data protection seriously & strives to comply with UK Data Protection legislation, global best practice and UK laws
WHAT DOES THIS POLICY COVER?
SecureDigitali.com strives to protect the personal information you entrust with us
• sets out the types of personal data that we collect about you
• explains how and why we collect and use your personal data
• explains how long we keep your personal data for
• explains when, why and with who we will share your personal data
• sets out the legal basis we have for using your personal data
• explains the effect of refusing to provide the personal data requested
• explains the different rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal data
• explains how we may contact you and how you can contact us
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
We collect personal information about you, which enables us to offer the SecureDigitali.com products you may not or may have purchased from SecureDigitali.com Limited
We may collect some or all the following personal information:
• first name
• personal email address
• telephone number
• mobile number
• address (personal & delivery)
• social media names
• job title
• company name
• registered company number
• registered company vat number
• company address (head office)
• company telephone number (direct line)
• company financial information
• job function
• special needs: food preferences, adaptions, mobility & disability
WHERE DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA ABOUT YOU FROM?
The following are the different sources, we may collect your personal data from:
Directly from you: This is personal data you provide us, by personal opt-in consent
- Searching the web: Via company’s & social media website sites
- The Media: Newspapers, magazines, journals, technical papers, posts, etc.
- By Word of Mouth: Via a friend, a colleague, a partner or a former employer
- Via Trusted Partners: Companies who have lawful access to UK government information concerning company information
However, we will always seek your prior valid consent, before processing your personal information
HOW AND WHY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will use your personal data, so that we can provide our products to you, including:
• To send you recent SecureDigitali.com website posts, newsletters or news
• To keep you informed of new products, which we think may be of interest to you
• To send you other information that may be of interest to you, such as workshops & events
• To provide project and data management guidance, recent case studies and security alerts
• To respond to your requests or questions when you contact us
• To carry out our contractual obligations with you
• To analyze how you use the SecureDigitali.com website
• To send your personal data to trusted partners who need your personal data to fulfil a SecureDigitali.com product you purchased, such as username, exam name/certificate, etc.
• To manage our relationship with you, to perform administrative and operational tasks
• To comply with our legal obligations and rights, under contracts and at law, and to cooperate with authorities and investigations, should the need arise
WHAT MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS DO YOU SEND?
We may periodically send you marketing information that we think you may find interesting, informative and beneficial
The marketing information may suggest other products to you, alongside the products you may or have purchased from us
Our lawful basis for sending you any direct marketing information via electronic means via paper mail, email & social media falls into one category of the Data Protection Act 2018 / GDPR of ‘consent’
By obtaining your valid, expressed, consent through an opt-in mechanism in the SecureDigitali.com website or via email: and providing you with the opportunity to opt-out in all subsequent communication by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in an email received from SecureDigitali.com; or by contacting us at email@example.com
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We keep your personal data and information, for as long as you use SecureDigitali.com products
After 90 days of not using SecureDigitali.com products, we will contact you to state that most of your personal data will be removed from our database, within 30 days, unless you inform us otherwise
We may retain some of your personal data & information after you cease to use SecureDigitali.com products, for our legal obligations, tax & accounting purposes
When determining the relevant retention periods, we will consider:
• Our contractual obligations and rights, in relation to the relevant information
• Legal obligations under applicable UK law, to retain personal data for a certain period
• Statute of limitations under UK applicable law
• Disputes, whether potential or actual
• If you have made a request to have your personal data deleted
• Guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities: in the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s office (ICO)
If we determine that we can delete your personal data, we will do so securely
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
Your personal data may be shared with certain trusted partners who will be subject to contractual obligations of confidentiality & compliance, with relevant UK data protection laws, including:
• Trusted partners both human & autonomous, who may perform services for us: including specialist consulting companies, background check agencies, website functional & financial fulfilment, email & social media marketing agencies, event organizers and event venues, etc.
• UK Government / law enforcement authorities, if we believe that such action is necessary to protect, defend or enforce our rights
• In the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, receivership or transfer of assets, to any third party: provided they are obliged to only use your personal data for the purposes that you have provided it to us
• We may also conduct checks on you, to verify the accuracy of the information you have provided
WHAT LEGAL BASIS DO WE HAVE FOR USING YOUR INFORMATION?
For prospective customers, our processing is necessary for our legitimate business interests in that we need the information in order to be able to provide the SecureDigitali.com products to you
We may also use your personal data & information if we must establish, exercise or defend legal claims or where the personal data or information is in the public domain
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE US WITH THE INFORMATION WE REQUEST OR ASK THAT WE STOP PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION?
If you do not provide the personal data or information we request; or withdraw your consent: we may not be able to provide you with the SecureDigitali.com products you wish to purchase
DO WE MAKE ANY AUTOMATED DECISIONS CONCERNING YOU?
No, we do not carry out automated ‘decisions’ as there is human intervention in all our processing and decision making
DO WE TRANSFER YOUR DATA OUTSIDE THE EEA?
Yes, we transfer your personal data to trusted to our autonomous website function service, financial processing service, our email distribution service & our social media services in countries outside the EEA (EEA being, currently, the 27 Member States of the EU plus Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland): typically, the United States of America which has similar (if not more stringent) data protection laws than the UK data protection laws
By submitting your personal data and information, you agree to this transfer, storage or processing for us to fulfil the SecureDigitali.com product(s) you purchase
To find out more about how we safeguard your information as related to transfers, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SECURITY MEASURES DO WE HAVE IN PLACE?
We have appropriate technical and organizational security measures in place to protect your personal data & information under our control and to prevent unauthorized access, destruction, transmission, misuse or alteration of it. However, we cannot guarantee that such unauthorized access, destruction, transmission, misuse or alteration will not happen
Transfer of data via the internet is not completely secure and while we do our best to protect your personal data, any data you transmit to us is at your own risk. Once we have received your data, we will follow our procedures and policies to protect it securely
If we share any links to external websites operated by other organizations (such as clients, training providers etc.) with you, any data you submit to those websites (including clicking on any link) is outside our control and will be subject to that third party’s data protection and privacy policies. We cannot guarantee that any third party will be compliant with relevant laws and best industry practice and accept no responsibility or liability for these third parties
Our cookie is displayed on the SecureDigitali.com website, every time a new browser session is requested by a user
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE IN RELATION TO THE DATA WE HOLD ON YOU?
By UK law, you have several rights when it comes to your personal data
Further information and advice about your rights can be obtained from the data protection regulator in your country
1. The Right to be Informed
2. The Right of Access
• You have the right to obtain access to your personal data we collect, process and store
3. The Right to Rectification
• You are entitled to have your personal data corrected, if it’s inaccurate or incomplete
4. The Right to Erasure
• This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’
• We may however need to keep certain personal data, so that you are not inadvertently contacted again: for example, your name, email address & post code
5. The Right to Restrict Processing
• You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your personal data. When processing is restricted, we can still store your personal data, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future
6. The Right to Data Portability
• You have the right to obtain, move, copy, transfer and reuse your personal data and information for your own purposes across different services
7. The Right to Object to Processing
• You have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing or if you no longer want to be contacted
8. The Right to Lodge A Complaint
• You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your personal data with your national data protection regulator. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s office (ICO)
9. The Right to Withdraw Consent
• If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that anything we have done with your personal data with your consent up to that point is unlawful). This includes your right to withdraw consent to us using your personal data for marketing purposes
We usually act on data protection requests and provide information free of charge, but we may charge a reasonable fee to cover our administrative costs of providing the information, for:
o baseless or excessive/repeated requests, or
o further copies of the same information
HOW WILL WE CONTACT YOU?
We may contact you by paper mail, email, phone, web conference, social media or networking sites
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?
We will review your personal data from time to time to ensure it is up to date and accurate: but we rely on your cooperation to keep us informed, if any personal data changes
If you are unhappy with how we’ve handled your personal data or information, or have further questions on the processing of your personal data or information to:
FAO: The Data Protection Officer:
Telephone: +44 (0) 151 486 0658
Post: 31 Lancing Close, Woolton, Liverpool, L25 9PZ